Monday, September 22, 2014

New Poetry by Ivan Jenson










Velvet Clown

My desires
will not be
contained
by the 
fig leaf
of public
modesty
and my 
wants will
not lie
wasted
on the cement
like a cross-addicted
cross-dresser
and my scent
will not be 
covered by
soft soap
and Old Spice
my vibration
is so
sizable it
sets off 
a seismograph
and it will trigger
an after-life
aftermath
long after 
my laughter
turns into 
a chuckle
and then
a trickle
of a giggle
and then
a sigh of
relief
because
this whole
self-serving
self-deprecating
prank 
backfired
on me
when I slipped on my 
own literary
banana peel



- Ivan Jenson 2014



Ivan Jenson is a fine artist, novelist and contemporary poet. His artwork was featured in Art in America, Art News, and Interview Magazine and has sold at auction at Christie’s. Ivan was commissioned by Absolut Vodka to make a painting titled “Absolut Jenson” for the brand’s national ad campaign.  Jenson's poetry is widely published (with over 450 poems published in the US, UK and Europe) in a variety of literary media. A book of Ivan Jenson's poetry was recently published by Hen House Press titled Media Child and Other Poems, which can be acquired on Amazon. Two new novels by Ivan Jenson will be published hardcover and will be available for purchase at bookstores worldwide.  Ivan Jenson's website is: www.IvanJenson.com

No comments: