Saturday, April 09, 2016

New Poetry by James Diaz










Monty IV

Cold hands how do I say
go before me
lay everyplace
you've been
on my body bone
thigh-offspring crawling
crystal clear
water heart gushing
at the edges
screaming 'last night
I loved you so bad
I thought it would not end'

bending toward your oak
and acrylic fingertips

water willows
you don't understand
I write because
you are death-spirit
and I am compact
like a lover
from out of the woods

a compass pressed
into your breast bone
inking three thousand names
for 'enduring' and 'getting through'
and 'walk it off, kid'

that I cannot ingest you like air
that so much of you escapes me
that my filament, my soul bruise
burns in the aftermath
gathering your crumb trail

weapon of love cut out of paper
these words won't do
but I'll say them anyway
I love... (...)


- James Diaz 2016



James Diaz lives in upstate New York. He is the founding editor of the online literary arts journal Anti-Heroin Chic. His work has appeared in HIV Here & Now, Foliate Oak, Chronogram, Indiana Voice Journal, Pismire, Epigraph, and Cheap Pop Lit. http://heroinchic.weebly.com/


No comments: